Travel Medicine Services in Atlanta
Vaccines and Immunization for those Travelling Abroad
Planning for good health on an international trip is as important as planning the route, buying your tickets, and obtaining passports and visas. Perimeter Clinic in Atlanta provides information, immunizations and consultation for international travelers. Our health professionals will assess your individual needs, prescribe and administer immunizations and medications, and discuss precautionary measures for dietary and recreational activities. You’ll also receive the latest information on health risks and requirements for each destination.
Most dangerous diseases have very effective vaccines that can protect you during your travels. The next time you plan an international adventure, let the team at Perimeter Clinic satisfy your travel medicine needs. Our Atlanta medical clinic is fully equipped to administer all types of vaccines.
Diseases to Vaccinate Against
Every corner of the globe has unique disease concerns. Here are a few of the most common diseases for which American travelers should consider receiving vaccines.
- Typhoid: Typhoid fever is a common disease that affects over 12 million people every year. This disease is characterized by a high fever, stomach pains, loss of appetite, and headache.
- Yellow Fever: Yellow fever is spread by mosquitoes in the tropical parts of South America and Africa. Symptoms include fever, headache, and vomiting. A yellow fever vaccine can provide 10 years of protection from the disease.
- Hepatitis A: Hepatitis A is spread through fecal matter, and is often contracted in unsanitary places. This disease causes jaundice, fever, joint pain, and other symptoms. Travelers must also watch out for hepatitis B, though it isn’t as easily transmitted.
Travel Medicine Concerns
You should make travel medicine arrangements soon after you book your trip. The following considerations can help make sure that you stay healthy and safe on your next adventure.
- Consultation: The best way to ensure that you receive the right vaccinations is to consult a travel medicine expert. It’s recommended that you receive the necessary vaccinations at least 6-8 weeks before your trip.
- Documentation: An immunization record is important for keeping track of your vaccines and for traveling from country to country. If necessary, you can present your documentation to local authorities.
- Insurance: Typhoid and yellow fever vaccines are not covered by most insurance policies. Perimeter Clinic is proud to be the only clinic in Atlanta that files insurance for all other vaccines.
In addition to your consultation and immunizations, you’ll receive:
- An official immunization record to keep with your travel documents
- A customized health and travel information booklet detailing the health risks and requirements for the specific countries on your itinerary, plus consular information, general travel advice and tips on avoiding travelers’ diarrhea and other maladies
Our Executive Service includes security briefings, group medical consultations, travel crisis management and seminars.
Often, medication therapy is required 6-8 weeks prior to traveling, so as soon as you know your itinerary, make a travel appointment so we can discuss your needs.
A few vaccinations can help ensure that you and your companions stay safe on your next international adventure. If you’re planning a vacation to Africa, Latin America, or Asia in the near future, call Perimeter Clinic at (678) 904-5611 to set up an appointment. We also offer urgent care services to Atlanta residents.
- Hepatitis A
- Hepatitis B
- Immune Globulin
- Japanese Encephalitis
- Tetanus / Diphtheria
- Yellow Fever
- Varicella (Chickenpox)
Other Immunization Services
Colleges and camps often require immunizations. We can provide all pre-entrance immunizations including meningococcal – now required by many colleges.
For Workers Exposed to Certain Hazards
If your line of work exposes you to blood-borne pathogens or ticks, you may need to receive Hepatitis B or the Lyme vaccine.
For Immigration and Naturalization
We offer a full line of vaccines required for Immigration and Naturalization with appropriate documentation.
Routine & Preventive Immunizations
We also offer Flu, Pneumococcal, Tetanus/Diphtheria, Varicella, MMR, Tuberculosis skin testing and other immunizations you might want to have as part of your preventive health program.